A software project manager is a person who undertakes the responsibility of executing the software project. Software project manager is thoroughly aware of all the phases of SDLC that the software would go through. Project manager may never directly involve in producing the end product but he controls and manages the activities involved in production.
A project manager closely monitors the development process, prepares and executes various plans, arranges necessary and adequate resources, maintains communication among all team members in order to address issues of cost, budget, resources, time, quality and customer satisfaction.
Let us see few responsibilities that a project manager shoulders –
● Act as project leader
● Liaison with stakeholders
● Managing human resources
● Setting up reporting hierarchy etc.
● Defining and setting up project scope
● Managing project management activities
● Monitoring progress and performance
● Risk analysis at every phase
● Take necessary step to avoid or come out of problems
● Act as project spokesperson