The job pattern of an IT company engaged in software development can be seen split in two parts:
● Software Creation
● Software Project Management
A project is well-defined task, which is a collection of several operations done in order to achieve a goal (for example, software development and delivery). A Project can be characterized as:
● Every project may has a unique and distinct goal.
● Project is not routine activity or day-to-day operations.
● Project comes with a start time and end time.
● Project ends when its goal is achieved hence it is a temporary phase in the lifetime of an organization.
● Project needs adequate resources in terms of time, manpower, finance, material and knowledge-bank.